Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thanking my Lucky Stars for our Little Stars

There is an endless number of reasons to love my days at school. Trains, planes, and wagons make the list, but believe it or not, there are even better chart-toppers than that:


Number 5. Our Little Library




Kids don't have to try to be cute. It just comes naturally. A smile and a hug from a student is enough to keep me going all day, but seeing a student enjoy a book can keep me happy all week. Our little stars love stories and books, and many of our books have been read at least a bajllion times (already this week).


4. Play-doh




No matter how wound up our kiddos get from our time outside, Play-doh can help them relax even quicker than a story. Since the original Play-doh can't be found in Hamburg we had to improvise until we had a chance to import a new pack of the real stuff. It's here now and seeing them entertained with the same stuff that entertained me a couple of decades ago is pretty darn endearing.


3. Crafts Galore









From pasta necklaces to shape men to handprint rainbows our little stars explore weekly the wonderful world of preschool crafts. And when they finish in 0.2 seconds I can easily entertain them with scraps of paper, a plain sheet of paper, and a gluestick. It's magic.


2. Our Classroom


It may be little, but it's as cozy as cozy gets and is exactly what we need.


1. Outside Time

 Our daily outside hour is highly regarded by all of our little cuties. We find plenty of things to do, no matter if the ground is snow covered...

You wouldn't believe how popular sleds are in HH. Parents use them as an everyday mode of trans when our city turns into a snow globe.






mud covered...









or covered in green (though rare, it does happen).



I'm sure you'll agree that all in all, it's not a bad way to spend a day. While these five are big reasons why I love my work, there are many reasons why I am thanking my lucky stars for our little stars.

1 comment:

  1. clelia.moraes@gmail.comJanuary 23, 2011 at 5:53 AM

    Hey Lauren! Your little ones are simply ADORABLE! I'm sure you're exchanging a container of sweet moments!
    Thought of sharing this link with you, about homemade play-doh,it's a great idea for extra activity as well, enjoy!
    Com carinho,
    Clélia
    http://www.simplymoms.com/art/playdoh.htm

    ReplyDelete